I spent a month in Edinburgh, Scotland in 2022. Here are my notes:
- The best food I ate in Edinburgh was Korean fried chicken bao sandwiches and American-style barbecue.
- You will probably be advised to try a deep-fried Mars bar and a deep-fried pizza. Neither is worth it.
- Hike up King Arthur’s Seat. Beautiful views. Just be prepared for a crowd.
- Walking (or biking) the Water of Leith Walkway is a wonderful way to get around if you’re in that part of town.
- Edinburgh has a solid botanical garden. I especially like the rock garden.
- Go to Princes Street Gardens. Drink a beer. Admire Ross Fountain and Edinburgh Castle.
- Absolutely take a trip to the Highlands. Find a trail away from the crowds. It’s gorgeous.