1. Write daily.
2. Read On Writing Well or one of these other books on how to improve your writing.
3. Get feedback from friends and family.
4. Join a writing group, class, or workshop.
5. Participate in NaNoWriMo.
6. Listen to the Writing Excuses podcast.
7. Watch Brandon Sanderson’s creative writing lectures.
8. Keep an observation notebook.
9. Read read read.
10. Rewrite rewrite rewrite.
11. Copy great work.
12. Follow the Pixar rules of storytelling.
13. Craft a story from a writing prompt.
14. Read your writing out loud.
15. Start a blog.
16. Travel. Experience the world.
17. Keep a journal.
18. Outline your novel like Jim Butcher.
19. Re-read good books.
20. Try to get published.